Unbridled knowledge could be a nightmare for any organization. It not only leads to the loss of knowledge but also can lower productivity. Managers keep looking for ways to increase the productivity of the organization’s workforce. They always develop training programs, incentive programs, etc. but always miss this most important factor, management of organizational knowledge.
Over a course of time, any organization and its employees acquire existing and new knowledge such as new methodology, patterns, and innovative ideas which helps the existing and newcomers to understand things easily and work more effectively.
Why you should manage knowledge?
- Maximize effectiveness and increase productivity: Well-managed knowledge can be fetched easily whenever a need arises without wasting the time in looking for it.
- Maintain intellectual capital:
- When knowledge is managed and shared it can be accessed by other employees in an organization. Thus, the increase in the performance continues even if the individual quits the organization.
- Increased employee performance continues: The knowledge ones shared and stored in a central repository, the employees can go through it whenever they want and can learn from the experiences of others.
How to manage knowledge?
Knowledge management does not mean putting all your knowledge in one place. It should always include a systematic approach.
- Gather existing knowledge
- Canalize the knowledge
- Create a system to store it
- Make it available to the right person
- Adopt a system to capture new knowledge
How to make this process easier?
Knowledge management should be done in a very efficient way, therefore it becomes a hectic task for many organizations. But as the market has evolved, now there are many new ventures that are targeted to manage the knowledge of organizations.
Vneda is such a multi-service provider. Its customers involve corporates, non-profit and government organizations. It manages the knowledge by segregating it in a very systematic manner which is easily available to the right person at the right time. Along with the knowledge management Vneda provides a platform for effective knowledge sharing, employee engagement, employee communication, reward, and recognition, knowledge repositories and corporate library. It’s a single platform for all these services.
Image Courtesy: https://www.freepik.com/free-photo/business-strategy-success-target-goals_1211528.htm